An Introduction to Teach-the-World Foundation
You are reading this because you CAN ... yet over a billion people in the world cannot
A LARGE PART OF OUR WORLD IS FUNCTIONALLY ILLITERATE ... about a billion people are illiterate and another billion barely so
WE ARE TRAPPED IN A VICIOUS CYCLE
THE CONSEQUENCES ARE DEVASTATING … for individuals, nations and the world
- The illiterate die young … and even their children do.
- They make less money
- They are likelier to go to prison ... even in developed countries.
- Their societies have more crime, disease, poverty, lawlessness, social unrest, intolerance, upheaval ...
THERE IS A STRONG CORRELATION BETWEEN ILLITERACY AND POVERTY, POOR HEALTH, CRIME ... In almost every society in the world
CONVERSELY, THE BENEFITS OF EDUCATION ARE ALSO TREMENDOUS
THE PRIMARY REASON FOR ILLITERACY IS THE ABSENCE OF ADEQUATE SCHOOLS AND TEACHERS
THE FOUR FORCES OF CHANGE
is already being used extensively--but largely for higher learning.
is accepted as an outstanding educational tool, but is not accessible to the poor.
GAMIFICATION OF LEARNING
has proven to be a highly effective mechanism in countless applications.
which is larger than it has ever been in human history.
OUR INITIAL FOCUS WILL BE ON K thru' 5 EDUCATION, FOR CHILDREN ... in areas which lack access to schools and teachers.
IN PARALLEL, WE WILL ALSO AIM TO POWER AND SUPPORT A GLOBAL MOVEMENT TO ERADICATE ILLITERACY ... using digital technology.
WE PLAN TO LAUNCH THIS INITIATIVE IN 3 MAJOR STAGES ... as below:
- With 20+ children aged generally 5 - 7 years
- Teaching reading and math using standard Android apps ... Footsteps to Brilliance for reading and Motion Math for math
- Delivered on standard LG tablets
- With no instruction, but only facilitation to ensure curriculum is followed, tablets are functioning, etc.
We are VERY excited at the results.